Skip to content
- Supreme Court grants Solicitor General argument time in generic drug preemption case, Mutual Pharmaceutical (Pharmalot); read WLF post to learn why this may not be a good thing
- California legislator pushes yet another attempt to deny “citizens” (in other words, corporations) from being able to deduct punitive damages from taxes (California Punitive Damages)
- FDA (with an assist from FTC) threatens contact lends distributor with criminal prosecution through an “untitled email” and an “untitled attachment letter” (FDA Law Blog)
- Federal appeals court allows whistleblower to recover under False Claims Act for claims he didn’t even bring (Original Source)
- Do “patent pools” infringe on competition?- The case of MPEG-LA (Patently-O)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit upholds constitutionality of Mississippi’s cap on non-economic lawsuit damages (Point of Law); for more, see WLF’s On the Merits publication on the case
- FDA likely shuts off future lawsuits over food products’ “gluten-free” claims with announced rulemaking (Private Surgeon General); when will they do the same for “all-natural”?