- Rejecting The Rule Of Thumb: Federal Circuit Alters Course On Patent Infringement Royalty Damages
By David M. Young, a partner in the Washington office of the law firm Goodwin Procter LLP.
- Avoiding The Sideshow: One Trial Judge’s Textbook Application Of Daubert To Exclude Dubious Testimony
By Katharine R. Latimer and Matthew J. Malinowski, partners with the law firm Hollingsworth LLP.
- Jurisdiction Over Online Disputes: Why ‘Active’ Vs. ‘Passive’ Nature Of Business Website Matters
By Kasey J. Curtis, an associate in the Los Angeles office of the law firm Reed Smith LLP.
- Ashcroft v. Al-Kidd
On May 31, 2011, the U.S. Supreme Court dismissed a lawsuit seeking damages from former Attorney General John Ashcroft, filed by a U.S. citizen who alleged that his Fourth Amendment rights were violated when he was held for 15 days as a “material…
- Therasense, Inc. v. Becton, Dickinson and Co.
On May 25, 2011, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit revamped the inequitable conduct doctrine, under which courts refuse to enforce otherwise valid patents based on findings that the patent owner engaged in inappropriate conduct…
- In re Securities & Exchange Commission Proposed Rules For Implementing The Enhanced Compensation Structure Reporting Requirements
On May 30, 2011, Washington Legal Foundation (WLF) cautioned the Securities & Exchange commission (SEC) against overregulating executive compensation at large financial institutions. In its formal comments with the SEC, WLF argued that not only is…
From The Legal Pulse:
- Want Out of Health Care Law’s Insurance Mandate?: Earn Less Money, Feds Tell Us – Michael Wilt
- In Supreme Court’s al-Kidd Ruling, No Silver Lining for Losing Side – Richard Samp
- Despite Federal Law and FDA Regulation, Judge Clings to Jurisdiction Over Big Tobacco – Glenn Lammi
- Online Privacy Organizations Get “Buzzed” on Millions from Google Lawsuit Settlement – Dan Popeo
- Deep Fried SCOTUS: High Court Cooks Up Willful Blindness Standard for Induced Patent Infringement – Glenn Lammi
- Note to DOJ: The Supreme Court is Watching You on Preemption – Richard Samp
- Update: Texas Senate Passes An Even More Modified Version of “Loser Pays”
- Will Little-known Federal Advisory Panel Deprive Infants of Meningitis Vaccine? – Glenn Lammi