Civil Justice/Class Actions
Frank Cruz-Alvarez, Partner, Shook, Hardy & Bacon, L.L.P., Miami office
- Eighth Circuit Creates New Class Action Fairness Act Requirement, Sends Case to State Court
- Ninth Circuit Ruling Rejecting Preemption in Food Labeling Class Action Difficult to Swallow
- Sixth Circuit Affirms Preemption Defense in Suit against Branded and Generic Drug Companies
- Third Circuit Reaffirms “Rigorous Analysis” for Ascertaining Class Members under Rule 23
- U.S. Supreme Court to Rule on Class Action Fairness Act’s “Mass Action” Provision
- Will “Sea Change” in Florida Class Action Standards Unleash Flood of Suits?
- Supreme Court Observations: Standard Fire Ins. Co. v. Knowles
Antitrust & Competition — Federal Trade Commission
Andrea Agathoklis Murino, a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Does FTC Glass Settlement Break the Efficiencies Mold?
- FTC Sets New Rules for Pharma Licenses and Antitrust Approvals
- The Many Faces of the FTC on Display in Commissioners Review of Administrative Case
- Commissioner Wright Moves to Advance Discussion on FTC Act Section 5
Complex Serial and Mass Tort Litigation
Richard O. Faulk, a partner with the law firm Hollingsworth LLP and Senior Director of the Initiative for Energy and the Environment, Law & Economics Center at George Mason University School of Law.
- There’s Nothing “New” about “Lone Pine” Orders for Active Case Management
- Dispelling the Myths of Asbestos Litigation: Bankruptcy Judge Finds that Misrepresentations Inflated Settlement Values
- Second Circuit Affirms Cost Award against Pharmaceutical Plaintiff
Environmental Law and Policy
Samuel B. Boxerman, a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of the law firm Sidley Austin LLP.
- Federal Appeals Courts Reject Clean Water Act “Permit Shield” Defense
- Supreme Court Observations: CTS Corp. v. Waldburger
- EPA Seeks Input on Regulating Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids under Toxic Substances Control Act
- Department of Energy Task Force Issues Report on FracFocus
- EPA and the Army Corps’ “Waters of the U.S.” Proposal: Will it Initiate Regulatory Overflow
- EPA Releases Final Guidance for the Use of Diesel Fuels in Hydraulic Fracturing
- Will Pennsylvania High Court’s Ruling Expose State’s Hydraulic Fracturing Rules to “Public Trust” Challenges?